HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Archery Shops in Va
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 07:12 AM
flips2
Fork Horn

Hoffmans hasn't been the same since Dave sold it. They are good but they will pressure you into their bows, especially Mathews and Mission brands. I took my Diamond in there to get set up because that was were I always went when Dave owned it and never had a problem. They did set up my bow and did a great job of doing it but the whole time they were saying I could have bought a better bow there. I have gone to B&B awhile ago but wasn't impressed. I felt they treated me like I didn't know a darn thing about bows. I will probably give them another try when I need something done again especially since they are ten minutes away from my house.

I know there use to be an archery shop in Alexandria off of Route 1 just north of Ft. Belvoir. I believe it was called Bowes and Arrows Archery Shop. I really didn't like them at all. I had an overdraw put on my first bow and bought a new rest to go along with it. They put in one correctly but didn't give me back my old rest. They didn't even ask if I wanted it back, they just kept it. I didn't realize it until a couple years later when I got a new bow and was going to put on the old rest on the old bow and try to sell. Ticked me off about it. I would definitely would not recommend them at all.

I would try B&B in Manassas or Hoffmans in New Baltimore, probably the two best ones around.