HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Not getting permission to hunt any property.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:26 PM
nctaxi
Nontypical Buck

Here is a tip that has helped me to lots of land. Go to your county tax office website, there is usually a program that you launch that will allow you to satellite view the properties within the county. It shows property lines, who owns it, how much acreage and usually current address. Use that info to look them up on yellowpages.com. Call and ask permission. Works great for me on rainy days when you can't get out and beat on doors. Now I do have a great personality, so that helps. I am also quite charming, so another bonus for me.
Another cool things about the website is that it allows you to satellite view it and zoom in quite well (my counties website). You can see possible bedding areas, ravines, draws, close feeding areas, etc. Mine also allows to do topography views.
FYI - write things down. I usually spend a whole day looking at properties and writing down all the info, including address of said property and any thing that may distinguish it from another (that I can see from pics)