HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Smart phone video\range finder sight
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 05:50 AM
xdamageincx
Spike

Default Smart phone video\range finder sight

http://forhuntersbyhunters.blogspot....-of-range.html

By next week I will have a smart phone mounted to my Mathews Drenalin. Why would I want to do this? For a couple of reasons…
First off, I’d like to video my hunts.This will make it really easy. Secondly, I am getting ready to write android code to enable the use of a smartphone as a range finder. Finally, once I have the application built for range finding I intend to mount the camera as my only sight which will eliminate the mechanical sight on my bow and will utilize the range finder capability that the new application will have.I am striving for a range finding sight that can take video. The possibilities are endless with this as a tool. You can see what happens to your arrows as it heads toward the target and so can get a decent idea of POI (Point of Impact) that the arrow had as well as being able to study the deer that you just took a shot at while waiting after the shot.
Unfortunately I will have to learn to program Java. I have no programming skills but I think I can learn it over the next 30 days.
Anyone else done this yet?
I think that there will be a market for this. I already have the mount knocked out and am starting on the OS software.
What do you think?

Last edited by xdamageincx; 09-01-2010 at 11:15 AM.