HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Lease
Thread: Hunting Lease
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Buckeye Hunter
Spike

Default Hunting Lease

I am born and raised on a dairy farm here in N.E. Ohio. Though I don't have any part of the opperation anymore,my father and brother continue too milk cows and grow crops. I have the luxury of the use and control of the land for hunting. My father has been approached by local and out of state hunters about leasing to hunt deer. The answer is NO. We have family and friends that hunt our land and won't accept cash over kin. The neighbors around us think differently. There are No Hunting or trespassing sign's all around the borders of the farm,nailed up by the new lease hunters next door. Kind of pisses me of I can't hunt that hot spot I used to hunt over on Red's place when I was a kid,or Steve's place a couple of years ago. But since all this started I have seen much bigger and more bucks than I have ever seen before. I'm not sure if it's because of the Leasing or the need for written permision need to hunt in Ohio now. I would like to know what huntingnet. members think about the hunting lease trend?