HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - clarifier verifier which one???????
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 07:10 PM
TFOX
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BGfisher
Well now I have add something or ask something. You guys decide which........

I have been wearing glasses for years, but the pair I have now have no coatings so I get some big bad reflections. Therefore I can't shoot with them---my vision is about 20/50. I am also one of those old guys who need bifocals.

The last couple years the pins got blurry. Bright fiber optics are even worse, giving a starlight effect. I partially solved that by wrapping electrical tape around the housing of my HHA OL-5000. Still I needed a Verifier so I got a #6 (before they made the #5). It's working fairly well, but I have other problems, too. Need a .019 pin, but that's another issue.

To see better I borrowed a Lens Kit B and 6X lens for the sight. Practiced with it for a day or two and Monday evening shot the best score I've shot in several years mainly because I could finally see what I was aiming at.

Now, this I find interesting because, with a 6X lens, I was also using a 3/16" Superpeep with no lens at all. No Verifier and no Clarifier. The pin was somewhat blurry, but the target was so crisp and clear that I think I was concentrating more on the target (as it should be) so the pin was no the point of my attention.

I'm interested in trying the Verifier with the scope lens just for comparison purposes, but that will be a little later. As a long time tinkerer I'm trying other things.

So what say you guys. Anybody have similar experiences? Am I normal?

Oh, and please don't patronize me. I've been at this game of compound bows for 37 years now so I'm not a newbie by any means.

TFox, just to give you the facts, the Verifier is not for people who need glasses. It's for us old farts that need bifocals or reading glasses. It's called Presbyopia. You're too young to know everything about that.
And that's why I stated it the way I did. Because I have no personal experience with them.

From what I understand,some that wear eye glasses need a verifier.
Thanks for the clarification,no pun intended.

I have only used a Clarifier once and couldn't stand how blurred the pin got.Having 20/15 vision allowed me to remove my lens.I am able to see what I want to hit much better this way.

I have reached that 40 year old mark and still don't need glasses but I may in a couple years.