HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broadhead thoughts?? Mechanical/Fixed?? Brand?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:39 AM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ranger77
we all know mechanicals have poor pentrating qualities, we all know by now KE sucks as a bowhunting measurement and we all know super heavy and FOC loaded arrows with COI heads are the best at what they do

why shoot anything BUT those? Any reasonable, rational answers ?
Sure, heavy arrows with a high FOC% will flat out penetrate better. Just about any bonehead knows that. As to your other two statements I've got to call BS. My mechs are 1 3/4" three blade Grim Reapers. Just so you know Grim Reapers are one of those evil, non-penetrating, over the top types of mechanical heads. Unfortunately for guys like you who would have the world believe otherwise, they penetrate just as good as your cut-on-contact fixed blade heads. In fact, if you've ever not had a complete pass through then statistically they out-penetrate your COC fixed blade heads. Jump up and down, stomp, scream, rant and rave all you want. My mechs penetrate just as good as your COC fixed blades.

I keep seeing you mention the "Lie that is Kinetic Energy" (your words from another post). What in the world is going on with that? Jeez dude, did someone preaching Kinetic Energy piss in your Wheaties or something? All it is is a method of measuring the amount of force at impact and regardless of how you feel, it is not USELESS in bowhunting.

Last edited by LittleChief; 08-10-2010 at 07:19 AM.