HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wanting to hunt Big Game in the US or Canada
Old 08-05-2010, 01:07 PM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

Unless you have some buddys living in the state or Canada I would just start looking at outfitters and go that route. Boards like this can certainly help you know what tags to get and how to get them but you'll have a hard time finding animals without some serious help on where to hunt not to mention you wouldn't have much camping or hunting gear here. Plus you have to be conerned with laws and caring for your meat once the animal is down.

An outfitter will get you a tag, take you to where the animals are, take care of the animal for you once it's down, you'll have plenty of company in camp you can learn from and provide all the lodging and food you'll need and some can even provide a rifle for you meaning all you have to do is pack the right clothing and show up. They'll also help keep you out of trouble.

It takes most of us a lifetime to learn to prepare properly for these hunts and know where to hunt. There are just so many variables to contend with I personally wouldn't even think of coming from out of the country trying to do it on my own.

Good luck.