HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accutrigger or better scope?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 AM
o_O
Spike

I appreciate all the replies and advice. Does anyone have an opinion on the Marlin XL7? It's in a comparable price bracket to the Model 200 or non Accutrigger 110 variants, and has an adjustable trigger that seems to review well.

I've nothing against buying a used gun but being a bit new to the world of firearms, I'm not sure I could tell a good used gun from a worn out one. The chance of me buying a dog is probably much higher than any of you chaps! That makes pawn stores a bit of a gamble for me. Sites like GunBroker.com are OK as the seller has a reputation to maintain and a feedback system (like ebay). I've not seen any bargains though. Used and new prices are often within $50, and the extra does buy some piece of mind. I purchased both my handguns from gunbroker.com and got great prices on new guns.

I'll keep an eye out for used but chances are probably slim I'll get a great used deal right before hunting season. Maybe right after, but it's the wrong time of year to expect a great deal. You never know though, I might get lucky. I've got a couple of weeks before I make any decisions.

Is there any other rifle similar to the 110 in a similar price range you might recommend I look into?