HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accutrigger or better scope?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 10:59 AM
o_O
Spike

Default Accutrigger or better scope?

Hi, just signed up to ask all of your opinions.

I currently only have a Marlin .22, Rem 870 and a couple of 9mm handguns. I'm a Brit transplanted to Colorado and started hunting small game last season. Thinking of picking up a 30-06 for this season.

Budget is limited as I hope to be debt free within 6 months so this year I have about $500 and don't plan on igging a debt hole with this purchase. Next year I should have a bit more to play with.

I'm looking at a Savage 110 or one of it variants (111, Stevens 200 etc). I've heard mostly good things about the accutrigger but it does increase the price of the rifle by about $150. That's money I could put into a better scope. Which is going to provide better accuracy?

So I could get a 111 package with the scope for around $550. I guess the scope would be pretty low quality but would it get me through my first season, until I can upgrade it next year? Or I could get the non accutrigger for $350 and spend the $200 on a better scope. I even seen a NIB Stevens Model 200 XP 30-06 for $336 + $15 shipping (+$25 FFL) with included scope, which would allow me to still get a better scope this year and a few dollars for the old one on Craigs List or to keep as a spare.

Any opinions welcome, thanks.