HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - FREE Rut Dates
Thread: FREE Rut Dates
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 11:43 AM
trmichels
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
How do you tell when they likely to breed? A buck will do his thing whenever he wants too.. Just like us guys. All of this data you have came from past years... well this year might be differant. The bucks might rut weeks earlier then last year, or weeks later.
Bucks do not breed when they feel like it.That is not true. They breed when a doe is ready, not before and not after she is ready.

Does breed at approximately the same time each year, because if they breed too early in the spring the fawn may die of hypothermia, because it is too cold, or the fawn may die because it is too early to grow forage for the doe to produce milk, and the fawn dies of starvation. Or if it is born too late, it is too cold in the winter for the fawn to survive, and it dies of hypothermia.

Researchers in each state perform studies for several years to find out when the does breed, and they find that they breed at about the same time every year, so they know when the does breed. Then they give me the information, and I put it on the chart for guys like you, who want to know.

How did I do guys? Could you understand that?

I could get all scientific, but it would be harder to understand. If you didn't understand I'll try again.

By the way scientific research by me, and several other reserchers, has shown that the moon has nothing to do with the time of year that whitetail deer breed. I was the first person to fnd this out (with enough scientific data to be reliable) and the first person to write about it.

Repeat - the moon has nothing to do with peak breeding of white-tailded deer, or elk, or mule deer, antelope, moose or caribou.

Why would i lie to you, I'm not trying to sell you anything, so I can nothing by telling you this. But, if I am wrong, you guys will not believe anthing I say - anytime soon.

God bless and good hunting,

T.R.