HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carbon or Aluminum arrows
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 01:52 PM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

You can't beat a quality alum arrow for economy and they are plenty accurate. I always used aluminum and was meticulous about keeping them straight. I would tinker in my "man's room" as the wife calls it for hours playing with my arrow straightener until I had them perfect. I'd do that a couple times a month. Now I buy good quality carbons. Yes they are more costly but you can't argue their toughness and durability. Just last night after having trouble with a rest and swapping it out and getting it set up, I went right out to 20 yds and forgot all about the major sight adjustments I had made. The carbon arrow flew just left of the target slamming into a concrete block wall taking out a sizable chunk of concrete. The FT was bent at about a 20 degree angle and the nock was laying in the grass. I figured the arrow was a goner but when I checked it out on the nock end there was no crack and the nock fit snuggly. I bent and twisted the arrow in every direction and detected no defects. If this was an alum arrow it would have been trash.