HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TC Triumph Bone Collector Help
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Kathwacckkk
Fork Horn

I have had great luck with 250 grain TC Shockwave sitting on top of 2 pellets of 777 in my Triumph. Accurate out to 150 yards (probably beyond, but never had a shot that far). There are many great bullets out there and a quick search will get you more information then you probably want to read. I am intrigued by the Barnes family of bullets as well, but have no personal experience with them in my Triumph. Hope to soon. People swear by the BlackHorn 209, but I still like the conveinence of the pellets.

Scopes: Bushnell, Cabela's Leopold, etc... all make a nice scope. I always like to stay with the 2 - 7 power scopes as I occasionally get shots as close as 10 yards. I have never been a fan of the BDC recticle scopes simply becuase every gun & load shoots slightly different and impact points might not be the exact same for every gun. I simply figure out where my gun is 3" high and what yardage is it 3" low. The 3" low is the max range I will fire. Anything inside that I hold center mass and fire.