HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats your opinion on Buck Gardner calls?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:03 PM
natimage
Fork Horn

I've never seen, heard or blown a number "1" of either of those...in the buck catalog I have neither of them are in it...I've only used the number 2 and I would stick with those.

The double nasty 2 has what Buck calls "Spit Tech" you can literally dump it in water pull it out and call just fine! I've done it in the faucet just to test it out. I hunt up in Wisconsin from early season through the last day so from 60 degrees to 10 degrees and I have never once had my reeds stick even after being out all morning. Because my last call used to stick I am kind of in the habit of checking it when the air is quiet just to make sure I don't make a nasty squeak when ducks are coming down but over the past two years I've been using bg calls I've never had the double nasty stick.

The canada hammer like I mentioned I just got so I can't speak too much about it, if you do put too much air through it, it doesn't like it and makes a note un-goose-like...but it's pretty quiet and easy to recover from. I'm still getting used to how much air to put through that canada hammer and as I get use it more it happens less and less so it must just be my fault.