HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Your day in the woods
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 06:46 PM
JNM86WVU
Fork Horn

Default Uncle Ted..

Funny thing.. I was reading this thread earlier today, then this evening I watched Uncle Ted's "Spirit of the Wild".. During one of his segments he was saying that they did not take a lot of footage of this hunt (in South Africa for Waterbuck, so not hunting in a treestand for Whitetail, but still..) because he was writing articles and his wife was texting and what not.. But I just found this humorous because of having read this topic earlier in the day..

That being said, I have never read a magazine or book while on stand.. I don't get to spend as much time as I would on stand, so I try to make the most of the time I have there, but I see no problem with the people that do.. I believe iSnipe said it best that they are doing something they enjoy and if they are enjoying what they are doing I am not one to spoil it for them.. Although I agree with the people who are talking about the iPhone.. I personally have a BlackBerry, so I often check the weather/radar/wind and I find it to be very useful, this is also the communication tool we use to communicate with other hunters in the area (texting and the occasional call if someone has a BBD).. So I guess I am "reading" on stand, but mainly I just take in the beauty and sounds of West "By God" Virginia.. As far as dozing off, I am guilty of this one, but as 7.62NATO stated, I'm more "resting my eyes".. I've never falling asleep in stand, but sometimes on those all day hunts, that midday warm sun can lall you to sleep..

Pretty much as long as you're enjoying what you're doing out there, that's what matters.. If you're not enjoying yourself what's the point of doing it..