HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what happened to empire hunting webste
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 01:13 PM
DeerandbearhoG
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
If you have a deer carcass in your possession at a DEC checkpoint during bow season with a bullet hole thru it, then I could see them harassing you about the gun in your vehicle. Otherwise they have absolutely NO reason to bother you about it.
youre forgetting this is NY, harassing law abiding citizens is par for the course. what if you just dropped the deer off at the butcher? or a bunch of other scenarios? they could say, "how do we know you didnt kill the deer with the gun" ? its not the point anyway, the law is not about what you killed the deer with, its about what you hunted deer with and if its in your possession you could have hunted w/ it. My point is, at best its open to interpretation. if hunters were allowed to possess firearms while bowhunting ,thered be less BS they could harrass you about, thats my point, less weapon restrictions, not more, nothing positive for hunters is accomplished by them, you should not support them!

We have various gun laws in effect EVERYWHERE in this country. Some are federally mandated ones. Many of these laws make a great deal of sense, but of course you guys think NO laws will help stop crime. Go ahead and try it in a big town like NYC and you will see what happens.
Ill tell you right now what will happen- criminals will think twice about who the prey on, because now LAW ABIDING citizens will be armed, or at least have the option , should they choose, and I got a gut feeling most would, even the liberal hypocrites. I dont know whats so hard to understand, people who commit violent crimes on innocent people dont buy guns legally, how do these stupid laws stop them? if anything it emboldens them!