HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 New toys - free.
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 11:00 AM
LittleChief
Nontypical Buck

Default 2 New toys - free.

A little over a year ago a nurse at work was telling me about a recurve bow that they had in their attic. She asked if I wanted it and I said sure, of course. Well, she finally brought it to me last month and I had never seen anything quite like it and I had to do some homework. It is a Bear takedown recurve with Fascor, Magnesium "B" Riser and 50# limbs. It's in great shape but it seems awfully loud on the shot.

Yesterday I was at a friends house on a fishing trip and we went over to help an elderly neighbor of his move a gun safe. I noticed a recurve bow in the garage and asked if he liked to shoot. He said he used to, but not in a long time. He asked if I did and I said yes, of course, and he asked if I wanted it. When I asked how much he wanted he just "Nothing. Thanks for the help". It's nothing special - a Shakespear Archery 45# "The Mancos" model x-40. I just cleaned it up and carefully strung it and took a few shots. It shoots pretty darned good but has a bit of a twang. Maybe some string silencers will help that.

Anyway, you can't beat the price.