HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tips on Staying in My Treestand longer?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 06:50 AM
GTOHunter
Nontypical Buck

For me I have learned to stay calm and with age comes more patients in the stand...find a small paper-back book and read it,pack some snacks or a few apples and slowly peel them trying to be a quiet as possible...it never fails that when I have Deer sneak up on me when I'm trying to eat or get a drink.We also carry hand held radio's and it make the time go faster when You can talk to your fellow Hunters and see how things are going in their area of the woods.When I'm Hunting I'm usually on alert all the time...you never know when that Big Buck is going to walk into your hunting area that your controling...always be ready for the moment,when your guard is down is when the Deer show up.I'm always amazed at how well a Deer is at moving through the woods un-detected...you can hear a 16 oz squirrel scampering thru the leafs 50-100 yards away but a darn 100-200lb Deer can sneak up a person and you didn't even know they were there!Like several mentioned..the more comfortable you are in the stand the longer you will stay there,buy a nice ladder stand or climber that has a good seat and large platform,put up a tree umbrella overhead to keep the rain and snow off yourself and pack some hand and feet warmers if your in the colder climate area's.Good Luck Hunting and always be safe when Hunting