HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2010, 12:22 PM
mr.mc54
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by macman99
The reason Wyoming is "battling" is because when all the other states had viable management plans in place and the wolf was to be removed from the fed endangered species list and become state managed - Wyoming had virtually no plan at all. The federal government wasn't about to spend 30 years and millions of dollars to help a species recover, only to turn it over to a state with no management plan.

Wyoming's lack of a management plan is also one of the biggest reasons the enviromental groups sued to get the wolf temporarily put back on the list. They didn't focus on the states where there were more than enough wolves and where plans were set up and ready to go...they focused on the "one bad apple," as people and the media love to do.

As for taking the law into your own hands. Talk like this is like what makes us all look bad to the environmentalists, anti-and non-hunters, and people in urban areas who could care less about hunting: also known as the rest of America. This may be a news flash to some, but non-hunters outnumber us in this country by quite a bit, AND they vote. Even if hunters started routinely whacking wolves whenever they saw 'em, the damage done by the negative publicity would far outweigh any benefit in reducing the wolf population. People would focus on the "bad" hunters killing wolves and not the majority of us who follow the rules. You'd end up with more restrictions and more protection, for a lot longer period. It'd be like starting all over again.

And as far as gut-shooting ANY animal so it can crawl away and die a horrible, painful death, that's a great quote for some anti-hunter to copy off the net and take to their Congressman: "see what these whackos are talking about..."
OOOOOOOOOO do I detect a wolf sypathiser? Maybe you should see what a wolf can do to your pets, hounds, calves, horses, sheep, fawns, deer, elk, get the picture?????? Now tell me again how the poor doggies, die a horrible death. There is a reason the wolf was almost extinct. The wolf is a killing machine, period! You go ahead and hug or coddle one. I am a farmer and I guess I have more at stake than you do. It's easy to blame the "bad hunters" as you call us. Walk a mile in our shoes BUD!!!!! I really don't care what an environmentalist or PETA has to say. Its time we take a stand for the deer, elk, pets, farm animals and maybe small children playing in their own yard.