HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bushnell Trophy Problems
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Big10Hunter
Spike

Has anyone had their Bushnell out in the field for a while? How are they holding up?

Here is an account of my experience so far:

I do not have the new Bone collector model, but I bought the older Black 5 MP model on sale at Cabela's in early March and loaded it with a 2 GB SD card and 8 Energizer AA batteries. I screwed around with it a little around the house, and then I set it up in mid-April in the woods near my camp and checked it in May. It took some really nice pictures in both the day and night, but I noticed that the buttons were not always responding and would sometimes get stuck. I checked it again in early June, once again great pictures, and it seemed to be working fine the buttons were also working fine, it had two battery bars left. Checked it again this weekend, once again there were some nice pictures, but the batteries were dead. The last picture was on June 18. So I took it back to camp and replaced the batteries, turned it on, and I began hearing a hissing noise and started to smell that burning plastic smell. I turned it off and started removing the batteries, but it started smoking before I could get all of them out.

So it looks like I will be calling Cabela's tomorrow, and then Bushnell if needed. I am hoping that I will be able to get a replacement camera, as it had a one year warranty.

Up until now I enjoyed this camera for its small size, good picture quality, good sensitivity, and the fact that it took AA batteries. Hopefully I'll have some luck with customer service.