HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Most economical reloading setup?
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 05:15 AM
Valentine
Nontypical Buck

Default Most Economical ??????

I don't believe in such things. Economical changes for each individual.

Gave me a chance to do a quick review of reloading equipment. Are you going professional or part time amateur? Will you load enough to shoot every week, every two weeks, every month or every six months?

Based on these questions I went with an RCBS Partner single stage press kit, some years ago. (plus it was on sale at a store closing at the time)
With what I will shoot today, I'd seriously consider a Lee Challenger kit press. (It includes the powder dispenser)
Lee makes very reasonably priced items for the non-professional. I have used their inexpensive cartridge trimmer nearly 20 years. And it cost a lot less than the RCBS trimmer.

You had to reload before, since you know COL. (newbies have to learn the hard way)
Interestingly I later bought a caliper to measure COL, not at a gun store, but bought the inexpensive plastic caliper at a nearby Home Depot. (I do carpentry work too)

I gauged the reloading price against what it cost me to buy factory ammunition every year.
Say it cost you $300 or $600 to buy the equipment, how long would it take to spend that on factory ammo, by the year? A way of measuring economy.