HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cry Wolf??? SE of Wisc. Rapids!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 06:12 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Last bow season a friend of mine was sitting in a tree stand. He claims he saw more wolves then deer on two consecutive days. What does that tell you?

Another fellow up the road was out in the yard with his Labrador puppy. He looked up on the hillside about 200 yards across a hay field and spotted two wolves, just standing there watching. Were they waiting for him to go in the house and leave the puppy unattended? When he called the DNR to report the incident he was to that he should make sure to supervise his puppy when it was outside. So he asked them what if the kids are in the yard, playing with the puppy? They had no response for that.

What has to happen before anything gets done is some child or smaller person will be attacked or confronted, or someone important who owns a cute little doggy will have it snatched by a big nasty timber wolf. The the DNR will do something about it.

Now we have more and more wolf and bear sightings all over the State. My brother who lives in Verona was told there are numerous bear in the Verona area by a person that works for the DNR. Numerous?? What does that mean?

All these wolf reports does not surprise me. I am sure they will put out the pack report soon. You can sign up for it on the DNR web site. They will tell you where you should not walk your dogs, work your dogs, and if you live in the area... well good luck.