HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What Fuels Your Energy For Hunting?
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 02:28 AM
iSnipe
Nontypical Buck

Question What Fuels Your Energy For Hunting?

At times hunting can be real physical. I'm some sure of you in mountain country know what I mean. I'm in a flat area of MN, but it can still be a killer being out there!

Sometimes during a day at no specific time, I may feel down or sort of pooped. I often credit this to just getting tired. Yeah, I'm getting tired, but it's due to not eating right. When this happens, I ask myself what I ate earlier. Come to think about it, I recall eating something like a sugared cereal, burger and fries, some sort of junk food, etc.(No, I don't make a habit of it. LOL!)

Then there are times I'm feeling exceptionally well and looking back, I discovered I had a good meal earlier on. Since eating right plays a part in how we perform or feel in the field, I thought it would be nice if you guys/gals noticed the correlation too about what we eat and how we feel afterwards?

For situations in which you know you have to eat right to keep your energy levels up, what types of food/beverage do you eat or drink?

Do you have a strict regimen of what you eat daily or is it something you may only focus on when you need the extra energy?

iSnipe