HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Truck bed cooler?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 04:13 PM
bushanic
Fork Horn

Default Truck bed cooler?

Ok let me explain what I am trying to do. The temps arent the coolest in the early start of the season. I remember getting a deer on Halloween and the temps got up to 65 by the time I got home. This year I will be camping for a few days and need to keep the deer cool. Not sure if I want to try and quarter the deer out so i am try to make a cooler for the truck bed that i can run a AC unit into and keep the deer cool for a day or two. I have no problem making enough room if I quarter it out but If I could not at the time I will like to be able to but the whole body in a big box. A doe should be easy but a buck with a big rack is my problem. The bed is 5ft 4in wide and 6ft long my generator is 19in wide and 26in long that takes up just about haft the bed. this leaves a 20in wide by 6ft long area to make a box. 20 inches wide is kind of small for a nice size racked buck and not sure if I will still be able to been the deers legs to lay it on its side Not sure how long it takes a deers legs to lock up. the other thought is to make a box in the front part of the bed and but the generator in the back haft of the bed then getting the deer in the box would be the only challenge Has anyone made one or ideas would be great.
Attached Images