HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever regretted killing a deer?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 AM
bigcountry

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Glad to see your quest to figure my character out by a few internet posts is progressing for your. Does it feel special to have such a purpose?

Do you have anything to add to the thread other then taking a shot at me?
Sure. When I was a kid, I didn't feel any remorse. In the last several years, I do feel for the animal that has worked so hard to survive in a way humans could never fathom. Call it remorse, call it a touch of sadness, call it respect, its there. I don't think one could be human without that touch of remorse.

When pope and young went to Africa and killed thier lion with a longbow, both felt it too and documented it. Both added that the kill was bitter sweet with touch of sadness and respect for such a magnificent animal. These were the hunter of hunters. The pioneers. If those two in the 1920's could feel this, no reason we couldn't or shouldn't.

But from the few posts you have on here. I don't think you could understand that or them. Maybe you do. But what you have projected doesn't show any evidense of it.