HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where is the best counties to deer hunt in Maryland?
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 PM
bigcountry

Some of the biggest monsters I have seen and seen killed has been Montgomery county where you are going to work. But, a big but is its difficult to get land and permission. Some of the high end horse farms in that region has some monsters. Baltimore county suberbs in the north produces fine deer. Again, hard to get land. Damascus area has been seriously producing. See lots of 150 class deer pulled out.

I am going to start working crop damage permits in potomic area up to gaithersburg. Hopefully will get me an in with the land owner for the regular hunting season.

Second, across the bridge on the eastern Shore, Queen Annes produce some monsters. I killed a nice 140 class last year, seen much bigger. Dorchester will look tempting with cheaper leases, but I say beware. That county used to produce large deer but last few years have been disappointing for friends who have leases and farms.

Carroll and Frederick counties produce ok deer. Really depends where you hunt.

If you are going to working that shop, just keep your ear to the ground and something will come thru for you in Howard/Montgomery county. Its mostly bow hunting however. Which suits me fine.