HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So crossbow are legal now......
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 05:47 AM
Kybuckhunter
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigcountry
I am sorry ky, I can't talk to you anyone. I have been patient and respectful to you. But if you honestly beleive it takes more effort to put up an arrow-gun than standing, getting in position, drawing, then I honestly don't believe anyone could have an intelligent conversation with you.
Well first of all, I do not stand when I shoot a bow. Never have. I have very little movement when I shoot. I always hold my bow and can get a shot off with very little movement. Sure there is some but most hunters know when they can move and when they can't. It isn't the mystical challenge you make it out to be. I've killed over 40 deer with a bow and it's a blast...I love it....but don't make it out to be more than it is.

Have you hunted with a crossbow to see what challenges you may face or is all your knowledge preconceived ? My argument has never been about what one is the toughest anyway. Thats been yours. I just said someone should be able to use it in bow season. Why don't you cry a river about compound bows that can be held at 80 % let off for a long time. Why don't you want all the bowhunters to challenge themselves with only a stick bow...remember tradition and honor and skill and all the other stuff you threw out there. Compound bow should not have a place in "your woods".