HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Grace property hunting club...hardy county wv
Old 07-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Rem1100
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by hillbillyhunter1
No Frank, they don't have a website. Club was formed about 25 years ago or so. As it says in the title, it's in Hardy county. Eastern panhandle (potomac highlands)

The land is right around 12,000 deeded acres and I paid $10,000.00. There's probably about 500 shares (although I'm unsure about that number as I just bought this thing last week) but rarely do I see one for sale (in the Moorefield WV newspaper...the most likely place to see one). I'd say $10,000.00 is somewhat below fmv as I'd bet I could sell that same share for $12-$15k right now, depending on where/how I advertised.
HB..I've been hunting on a private farm outside of Baker for several years... unless the game population is 10X what we have,(and it's NOT) that's too much $$... the days of Hardy Co being in the top 10 in Deer/Turkey harvests are LOOOONG gone. the animals just aren't in hardy co. like in years past. we have neighbors' whos been trying to sell his land for 9K/Ac... ain't happening... the most he was offered by the local chicken farmer(s) was 3K( and that's too much IMHO)....glad you got into a club, if that was yor goal..wonderful ....I'm just sayin' I wouldn't pay what you did, much less what you say you'd get for selling it... but to each his own.