HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If you're really a "Meat Hunter"........
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 06:56 AM
Colorado Luckydog
Nontypical Buck

Who cares, as long as a guy is legal. I hunt for the meat and the rack. Last year I let a cow walk. I came to full draw 3 times with her being only 15 yards away. I decided to hold out for a bull. Later in the season, I was able to get on several different bulls and worked them but never sealed the deal. I was able to experience the rut at it's best and got to see things most hunters will never see. I watched several herd bulls fight off several different satelite bulls. It was great. If I would have taken the cow, I would have never witnessed the fighting bulls in full rut. That being said, if I get a shot at a cow this year, I might shoot and I might let her walk. That willl depend on the results of my rifle season. Nothing wrong with being both a rack hunter and a meat hunter.

Edit- I should add that in Colorado you are only allowed one deer, in most cases, per year. This year I put in for a doe because my freezer has only a little burger left.

Last edited by Colorado Luckydog; 07-10-2010 at 07:01 AM.