HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever regretted killing a deer?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:39 AM
kswild
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Jimmy S
I have for sure. There have been times when I wish I could turn the clock back for those few minutes and re-do my decision. Times when I honestly wish I had let that deer walk to enjoy another day in their woods.

Am I alone or have you also experienced a similar situation?
Jimmy I would like to know the rest of the story as to why you would regret killing a deer. We all make decisions as hunters and stewards of the natural resource's we are so blessed to be able to pursue and manage through out the year and hopefully those decisions are made based on common sense, logic, information and knowledge . That being said if you feed your family from the animals you harvest regret is not something you should feel, rather joy, celebration and thanksgiving for the opportunity to partake in natures greatest gift. The hunt or enjoying the woods does not end with the kill. In my 40 + years afield I can tell you I have never regretted harvesting any animal or controlling and managing any species.
Live it up! Doug