HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How does big game hunting in north America, Europe and Africa benefit nature and loca
Old 07-08-2010, 05:20 PM
glob3006
Fork Horn

I guess you could say that the "Act" of hunting is (to me) somewhat selfish. I don't hunt to support hunting organizations,conservation groups or wildlife agencies. I donate/belong to or buy tags from these entities because I am a tree huggin' S.O.B. when it comes to preserving the anti -urban sprawl way of life that threatens every blade of grass and wild animal this country has...That in it's self can be construed as selfish...I want there to be wild game and forest's to hunt and hunt in....FREELY!...FOREVER!

I HUNT for the freedom of providing for myself (family).The freedom of being out there...Just me and whatever happens!! Relying on myself.... Funny how so called liberals are all about organic this/that. But the meat that I obtain is TRULY organic. I did it.... and the joy,happiness and sorrow that comes along with every kill is something you won't understand unless you do it.... The government didn't have to tell me it was "safe" to eat.

I am selfish in the fact that I do set out and am focused on bringing meat home every hunting season..... but I love huntin' camp....Something always happens!...Selfish??.......Independent????

I can go hiking and watch wildlife whenever I want...Ate lunch in the middle of 26 Elk 2 wk'ds ago (30-40 yrds of most)

You don't get that at the local coffee shop!

B