HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What's your favorite features
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 07:59 AM
genesis27:3
Typical Buck

Red face

Originally Posted by DC KNIVES
First,I didn't start this thread to get customers.My intent was to see what you folks like in a knife and how it's used.
That said, after 50 years of using knives and 20 of making them, I know what I like to use.
I am not a fan of sawbacks, guthooks, rubber, paracord, folders (unless as a backup),or S30V.I also think 6" oal is a tad small to be an effective tool.
I am a fan of Carbon steel fixed blade knives,3"-5" blade length depending on usage, 9"-10" for one used for actual hunting or bigger camp chores.I also like natural handle materials.Dave
Your entitled to your own opinion...... But how do you not like S30v steel? Its the best steel for a knife! That kinda tells me you dont take pride in the steel you use. No guthook? Guthooks make the dispatching of a deer 3x faster! What do you mean by natural handel? Wood? Wood rots and splinters I defiantly prefer a rubber or steel handel, those are the knives that will last forever. I like folding because you can just stick it in your pocket or throw it in your pack and dont have to worry about a sheath. Plus you can take folding knife with you anywhere and everywhere, unlike a 9-10'' fixed blade you can take it into public places. The sawback and paracord I can do without but I think those give a knife a cool-tough look-feel to them.