HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Warning outfitter
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Screwed_of_legal_deer
Spike

Unhappy Bad Experience with Leon Delorme and Sask. DEP

I hunted with DeLorme Outfitters some years back. I paid a fee to hunt with them and harvest TWO deer.
On my first day with them, I harvested my first deer. On the second day, i was taken to a stand near a field...and at almost dusk, I shot my second deer. They could not find the deer, even though I knew I hit him and HE WAS A MONSTER BUCK. They supposedly looked for him "extensively", but told me the deer could not be found....On the third day, they took me to another spot and told me to harvest my "2nd" deer..even though I was iffy about it...since I had hopes of finding the monster from the night before. So, i went ahead, and was lucky enough to kill yet another deer.
After harvesting the "2nd" deer....i was "done" hunting. That night, Leon approached me and asked me for an extra $1,500. When I asked him what it was for, he said that I had "killed" 3 deer, and the extra charge was for the "third" deer. I told him to show me the 3 deer I had killed. He said that they "would definetely find" the monster I had shot at in the field...however, no deer was produced and I told Leon that I would NOT pay him the extra fee for a deer he could not produce. He was very agressive, but not agressive enough for me. I was not, and still not afraid of Leon Delorme. He's definetely high on something, and his attitude speaks volumes of it. He issues threats to me, but i still did not pay him the extra fee for a deer that he could not produce. To say the least, things got pretty ugly..really fast...his father got involved and things calm down...I left Saskatchewan the next morning. Leon was lucky he did nothing, because if he did...things would have turned pretty bad for all of us. He seems to be the leader of a pretty tight gang of thugs. However, my principles and martial art expertise did not allow him to bully me like he does everyone else.
Months latter, to my surprise; he took two deer to the taxidermist for with my name. I had definetely killed a nice ten pointer, and another weird rack with double main beams. When the taxidermist called me, he said he had two deer, but no a double main deer. Leon actually took my first deer, and the deer they could not find
(170+ class buck). I tried calling Leon to no avail. I finally got thru to his dad, and he said that Leon had taken the two "biggest" deer to the taxidermist...if I wanted the 3rd deer (the double main beam one)..I had to pay the $1,500 fee. I was quite upset, since I only saw the big one on the hoof...and it was imposible for me to know if the deer taken to the taxidermist was the one I shot at.
Anyway, I told the taxidermist to mount both deer.

Some months latter, I was contacted by the SASKATCHEWAN DEP and was advised that my MONSTER BUCK had been reposessed by them. To make a real long story short..they claimed; after many conversations..that the deer was shot on NON-INDIAN-PRESERVE-LAND...thus, making it illegal.

HOW THE HELL ARE HUNTERS SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHERE LEON IS TAKING THEM?...he puts you on a hut stand...and you don't even know where you are....The warden is not being fair to me....

Now, they have a case against Leon Delorme....according to a recent phone call I got from the warden....they are trying to get my double main beam deer..without luck....and they have a group of hunters with similar situations....they have charged Leon with lots of hunting related issues....and NEED OUR HELP TO CONVICT HIM...

I know Leon is not good, and has been screwing people for a real long time.....I have a deceased friend that never got all the deer he shot at DeLorme's outfitters....he past away, so I guess Leon can keep his damn deer....my friend won't be needing them anymore....

Now, why should I help the DEP when they're not helping me...they have a deer mounted that I SHOT.....in preserve land or not...its not my problem...how the hell am I supposed to know where I was...the DEP agrees with that, but will not release my deer to me under any circumstances...
Im iffy if to help them convict Leon or not....I've asked them to give me the other screwed hunters phone numbers to speak to them and see what we should do as americans.
I feel cheated by Leon and by the SASKATCHEWAN DEP....if any of you out there feel the same way....let me know....we can talk....
I want my 2nd deer that the DEP has....they will never find the double main beam Leon has in his posession...so, release my big buck, and I might consider helping out....