HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about only using 1 fixed pin..
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 05:49 PM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Good advice. A pin at 26-27 and one at 35 makes an easy bowhunting setup!
Originally Posted by timmyzimmy
Alot of good input on this. I just erased the stuff i wrote.

In the July 2010 issue of Petersen's Bowhunting, Bill Winke writes a great article on this topic. One pin if you shoot out to 30 and two pins if you shoot to 40. Bet you can still find it in stands. Both bigbulls and Bill Winke are believers in the K.I.S.S. principle.

Keep It Simple Stupid. This will save your butt everytime cuz you will find dumbest things to think about in the first 20 seconds you see that wall mounter and vaguely remember shooting over him and really cant remember ANYTHING important. Now I practice three things. 1. Anchor point 2. Pick the exact dot I want the arrow to go thru the animal 3. And Breath. I don't practice to shoot better anymore. I practice to keep ingraining those 3 things in my head and the muscle memory of it all. I dont THINK about shooting anymore. So when I get those special 20 seconds, I can actually remember the good stuff! Even if I miss, I generally know why. If I hit, I know where I hit, the sound of the hit, I know the reaction of the animal, the direction it left, the direction I last heard it...... And those are all great memories!!