HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about only using 1 fixed pin..
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 05:47 PM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Duckbutter48
Well I thought the 1 pin discussion was for hunting only. I totally agree on more then 1 for 3d target etc..

I just dont see much difference in knowing where to hold a single pin or deciding which pin to use in the hunting setting when the shot matters. Both take practice, both require you knowing your distance. For me I know Im fine from 15 to 40 without raising or lowering the pin much. So I just aim and shoot, don't think about the distance that much. I do try to range as many trees as possible when Im in stand but sometimes as you all know deer come in quick and I dont have time to mess with the range finder.
If this thread is about hunting only, not shooting than I apologize to all and wis bow hunter for offering my experience...

As for the 15-40 statement with one pin... I would bet that most setups hav roughly 2ft of drop between those distances... When 2ft happens in a 25yd span, and u don't check yardage much, how many deer do you miss/wound??? That's a ton of variation man and u are doomed if u ever decide to shoot at one in the high 30 range IMO. Maybe not the first time, but the yardage WILL get u eventually n

I'm done with this thread. Have fun