HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Question about only using 1 fixed pin..
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 04:58 PM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_bow_huntr
I really need to disagree with you on this. Ive been using one pin since I started shooting bows. My first bow was only shooting 250 roughly and I had no problems out to 30 yards. Its all how you shoot and how confident you are in your shot placement, speed plays a very small factor in it. My new PSE Stinger isnt shooting 350fps and I can nail the center of the block at 40 yards...using one pin.
I think have the credentials to consider myself confident and good in this game I would bet any amount of money that at any professional shoot u won't see anyone only using one pin for all, unless it's a slider of course. To have true accuracy another pin is pretty vital.

Sure u can guess all day long, but u aren't getting pin point accuracy. I'd lay any dollar amount out that if we shot a few different 3d targets at different ranges u would have some that were high/low at distance. How do I know this??? Like I said, I've done it as well. Hell, even have trophies from it, but it only works to a certain level of accuracy, and any amount of speed helps.

And when talking accuracy here, I'm referring to an arrow exactly where intended. Not a 15yd guesstimation of where over the back to aim...

Like I said, It works, but true accuracy will not be great this way. And aiming at the deers back is cool as well, as long as it works.