HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So crossbow are legal now......
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
bigcountry

As a native Kentuckian and one who hunts there, not everyone shares the idea it made no difference.

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
I heard it all when Kentucky opened a xbow season a few years ago. Reasons for and reasons against. It was a bloody discussion with a lot of name calling and hurt feelings. I don't need to read any of the 11 or so pages already posted because I know what has been said.

Well after a few years have passed I can tell you this. It came in with a wimper and has made almost no difference.

The whole thing was bow hunters didnt want all the extra competition in "their" woods. Plain and simple....I heard some guys saying that scum gun hunters will just pick a xbow up and hit the woods and sling arrows at everything that walks.

For the most part everyone needs to just take a breath and support other hunters. If they do it different than you so what. Im a bow hunter but I still support the other guys choice to hunt with whatever they want and enjoy. Not everyone want the same challenge or we would all use stick bows. Enjoy the sport and be glad we had still have a sport to enjoy. Remember strength in numbers.