HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ultimate Tactical Shotun
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 05:18 AM
Chuck R.
Spike

Originally Posted by RemyFan
That baby's sweeeeet! How much tho? Benelli's are one of my favorite shotguns but you sure do hafta pay for wutya get....I was thinkin bouta mossberg 500 spx but it looks like you cant mount a light onit....?
I paid $950 for the Benelli, and another $180 for the light and rail.

What I use is a magazine tube mounted rail, and a standard pistol light like the Insight M3X or the Surefire X300 or any of the Streamlight offerings.

The rails aren’t that expensive and they give you some flexibility when compared to a dedicated forearm light like the Surfire. This combo is also a heck of a lot lighter as lights weigh less than 4ozs. You can quickly remove the light for practice to save wear and tear. I own 4 of these lights (Surefire X300, Surefire X200B, Insight M3X and M3) which I can swap between weapons as needed. I keep one mounted on the Benelli, a Colt 6920, and my SIG 220ST. Should a light go down, I can swap to whatever gun needs one, and the controls are basically the same.

I’ve also seen guys mount a piece of rail directly to their forearm, rather than screw with an extra mount. This would keep the controls at your finger tips when using a pump.

Chuck