HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Anyone fish Catfish In Florida
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 01:51 PM
Chuck7
Dominant Buck

Zack..go to lake tern..get some help getting your boat in there..you won't be able to get yours in by yourself..it's a carry on lake...steep hill
It's a very small lake only 3 boats allowed..

Go to the other side..fish the edge with a bobber using worms ..you will get a 12-16 inch channel cat at least every 5 minutes..I wasn't fishing for them..I was fishing for bluegills...caught about 40 ..ran out of bait.I was looking for gills so I wasn't happy about the cats.

This lake was intended to be a fly rod only lake..There were a mess of 8 opounds and bigger stocked in here...Something happened..no one can catch one bass out of there..but the catfish..perfect eatting size..

Pretty much any lake or pit with drop offs are very good catfishing spots..most at Saddle Creek either use mussels { Found on the banks in the sand} or chicken livers..I never fish for them on purpose but I find the channels { The ony ones I eat] love minnows.

Here's a 12 pound blue cat caught on the west side of Saddle Creek on a Rooster Tail spinner..thought I had a monster bassLOL soon afterwards I caught a much bigger one by mistake a few days later on a shiner..never weighed it but it was huge..estimation between 15-20lbs..

Last edited by Chuck7; 06-11-2010 at 01:58 PM.