HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broadheads
Thread: Broadheads
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 01:21 PM
annika3
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
Well,for one you loose some KE deploying your mechanicals blades no matter what brand your shooting,and with a fixed blade the broadhead transfers all the KE to the animal.

And as a mechanic,I can tell you if you use mechanical blades long enough THEY WILL FAIL at some point.
I have only 1 problem with the RAGE heads that i've tried in the past to explain,and that is thier ads and rep's just seen there new ad in one of the bowhunting rags it says EXSPAND YOUR KILL ZONE!
and I don't care what broadhead you want to use NO BROADHEAD WILL EXSPAND YOUER KILL ZONE AND SHOT PLACEMENT IS YOUR NUMBER ONE PRIORITY!

I'll agree I'm not a big fan of the "Expand your kill zone" but......

the loss of KE on a Rage is a non issue and who says they will fail if you use them long enough? You? other diehard fixed guys?

If you check your equipment, including your BH's, I don't see any reason why they would "fail" any more than a fixed.

As I said earlier, I used fixed for close to 20 years and broke many blades and even bent over the tip of a Muzzy but have yet to have so much as a blade break in the last 8 years of using Snypers and 2 blade Rages.