HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - T/C letter for conicals
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 06:55 AM
txhunter58
Nontypical Buck

Default T/C letter for conicals

I have only good things to say about T/C in quality and customer service, EXCEPT where it comes to them building an inline with a closed breech that will shoot a conical!!

Here is a letter I wrote them. If enough of us contact them, maybe we can get something done?

"Does T/C have any plans to come out with an inline with a closed breech that will shoot conicals well? I own an Omega, but will not buy another T/C unless they are designed for full bore conicals.

I must confess that I only hunt Colorado and Texas, but even though I can use sabots in Texas, I stick with conicals to reduce overall expense and room in my possibles boxes. I know of lots of other guys who are in the same boat. From what I know, if you did come out with such a gun, there would definately be a market. And there is an increasing supply of new, premium conical bullets ( Hornady FPB and Thor bullets to name two).

Obviously, to do that, you would have to either lose the QLA, or make it better.

Why not simply come out with an Omega/Triumph... version that you don't cut the QLA. Seems cheap enough to try. I really think you would be surprised at the market. I love the quality of your products as well as your outstanding customer service, but won't be buying another one until this problem is addressed."