HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whats next on the "to kill" list?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 08:43 AM
Red Hawk
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Tobe_B
I don't see how the pig is really defenseless though. Thats the part that gets me, I've seen plenty of hogs cut not only my dogs but other peoples dogs to shreds and then just walk off like it wasn't anything. The part the people see as brutality is that a dog is holding down the pig, what people don't realize is that an 80 lb dog is hardly a match for a 250 lb pig. The whole time that the dog is latched onto the pig the pig is still very mobile and very lethal, I've seen several people get there legs gashed open when going in to stab or tie the pig even with the dog holding on to it.

I think it’s the ethnics behind the matter. People who are anti-hunting or whatever try to claim 'hunters' as blood thirsty cold blooded killers will show pig hunting with knife, stabbing it , etc as propaganda to their cause and their believe. Only reason why I said is because the other day, there was some sort of PETA people downtown (heard it on the news) and drawings of hunters stabbing a pig so I know it is in fact of on their attempts and they are in fact using it as fuel to their cause. Now, I’m not saying we shouldn’t do or talk about it. It is more of FYI on that matter. As I mentioned in previous post, I have no opinion about it but I just certainly wouldn’t do it.