HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Adrian J Hare -Its all over for me 2010 another for the team
Old 05-28-2010, 09:23 AM
jalvja
Nontypical Buck

Default Adrian J Hare -Its all over for me 2010 another for the team

Darn Jalvja did it to me again

This morning we got up and headed in to hunt two gas well's on the property that one of our staffers for Quakerboy was hunting all week. As it broke light I didn't hear any kind of turkey talk so I had my back up plan. In the last two days birds have been working over this ridge line and I decided to head to this place about a 1/2 mile away. As I got there the gobbling was well underway. I slipped in under the cover of leaves and got set just inside the woods frpm a open area and the birds were some 70-90 yards out. Not very long and I see birds coming out of the trees and landing just up from me and yep there is a fanned out Pa gobbler showing off to the hens he had. A couple minutes pass and another gobbler shows up and follows suit with the other.
I made4 a couple real soft yelps only a few notes and a couple soft clucks along with them. The gobblers respound in an instance and I also have a hen start to cut back. I return once again with a few notes in a yelp and stop and wait and here they come. Two hens walk in and come right behind me and one was about 3 feet away to my back, sounded like a human walking in on me
The gun is up and here comes the strutter with a white ball coming right at me and he makes it into 35 yards and the hen behind me starts to Putt. To late as the 20 gauge was all ready anchored on the white ball.
My 2010 season is over with my second PA longbeard
18 Lb
1 1/4 matching spurs
10 in beard

Last edited by jalvja; 05-28-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: wrong name