HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Compound Bow For The Money
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 11:18 AM
doetrain
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Used Bows

I bought a used Mathews Bow,model FX for 250.00 set up and ready to go. After geting my draw length right and buying arrows and my release I went hunting and had my first Buck down in a few weeks. You don't have to spend a lot of money just starting out and can still have good equipment that gets the job done. If you like Bow hunting and are serious about upgrading later you can sell the used and buy new or a better used Bow later. If not then your will not loose your money trying to sell a high priced Bow shortly after you bought it. As has been said a lot of shops have used bows at the end of every season and some have good deals. Search the web you will find someone in your area I'm sure with a sweet deal. My Bow is 7 years or more old and it works just fine,I practice often and it is accurate enough to take any Deer up to 30 yards with good broadheads. Hoyt,PSE,Browning,Martin,Bow Tech and many others are all good Bows and there is plenty to choose from. My Mathews fits me perfect and is a great bow in the tree stand or blind and its easy to maintain being a one cam bow. Good Luck and Good Hunting!