HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage Broadheads?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 05:59 AM
markjenna
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by wvnimrod
Not trying to bash you or Rage,but I wouldn't call a 60 yard tracking job a perfect shot! I have had terrible shots that hit the femoral artery that dumped that kinda blood trail and less than 15 yards,but I wouldn't start recommending that you start aiming at a deers ass!
I agree that RAGE broadheads make a heck of a hole,but so will my
.300win mag. I too like and strive for a short blood trail but with a well placed shot,you will achieve both!

I would bet that you don't have too many deer falling dead at 15, unless you spine them. I have shot hundreds of deer and only have had maybe 2 falls that close with a bow. Yes your 300 hundred may do it, but I would highly doubt your bow will do it... I am sure everyone on this page would love for all their deer to be 60 yards from where they shot it with a bow... My point was that the RAGE left a huge hole and I would take the hole of a Rage to a Thunderhead or Mussy. Yes whatever you shoot them with, with the right shot will work. I was just saying that the Rage, in my opinion, and mine only, would leave more of a blood trail if both shots hit the same spot.. This is only MY experience. Not trying to bash you neither...
I don't know if you understood me.. I had no tracking job, the blood trail started where I shot the deer and just walked 60 yards to the deer. Where I shot the deer there was blood everywhere....