HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2-4,D herbicide mixing question
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2010, 02:49 PM
4evrhtn
Typical Buck

Question 2-4,D herbicide mixing question

I bought 2 1/2 gal of 2-4,D LV4. It states it can be mixed with Soybean oil, Petroleum based oil or liquid fertilizer. I assume this causes the herbicide to cling to the plants more effectively. I have read on here awhile back someone mentioned mixing an herbicide with a detergent to get the same result. My question to those who have been doing this awhile is this... Can I mix the 2,4-D in a water/detergent mixture? Will it cause the 2,4-D to be less effective/ more effective-clinging to the plants/ or no difference at all? If I should use a detergent mixture, which detergent would be best suited to this purpose-dish detergent?

I am trying to cut costs without sacrificing effectiveness. I also read mixing 2-4,D with Dicamba increases the effectiveness of killing various weeds that the 2,4-D lacks in killing, understanding that soybeans cannot be planted after Dicamba has been sprayed in the same plot.

I have the 2,4-D and now am looking for some more bang for my buck. I appreciate any help I can get!