HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Paying for a hunt
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 08:44 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by spudrow
Fastetti. Good post. I live in St. Louis. It's a big city too. Although I am starting to understand some of these answers I have a question for you. Don't you have vacation time?

Spudrow from MO

Thanks Spudrow. I do have vacation time, but unfortunatly it is a lot easier to take it at holidays when other people are taking their vacations as well, that is why Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Personally, Im in sales and its tough to be away from the office/clients for more than a few days and I take a good chunk of time of for Christmas and try to save as much time as I can for deer season. I hate to admit it, but I've been on my blackberry sending out emails in my blinds before the sun comes up on a few occasions. I'm not proud of it, but it had to be done.

When your in the city, its seems like every small trip even requires a vacation day. They quickly add up as Im sure everyone knows with family events, trips (such as lake of the Ozarks last summer! ) and such. Plus, the more days I save up during the year the more I can hunt in the fall. If you take 2 days off to scout for gun season then 4 days off to hunt, there goes a week right there for one season and if I only get 3 weeks a year I start to get low. Luckily, I found a spot to bow hunt 30 minutes from downtown Chicago and a short trip from where my parents live so I can always stay there for the night and get some hunting in, problem is its 25 yards from the Tollway so it is as loud as a sporting event. Oh well, at least its hunting.

Hope this is a good explanation. Thanks for coming back with a civil response to my first post. I just wanted to explain how I think even though I don't like paying to hunt, the option has to always be there for me, but NEVER HIGH FENCE. I can't stand that killing. Good luck Spudrow and as long as you tell me you arent a Missou fan or Cardinal fan (Die hard Cubs fan and Jayhawk fan here) you'll be one of the ones posts I watch on here!