HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage Broadheads?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 09:25 AM
drockw
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 4evrhtn
The poll asked "Which broadhead do you prefer?"
I have used all the above including Rages and I have found G5 Strikers to be by far more reliable and hassle-free. Therefore I use replaceable razor fixed heads. Why would anyone use a broadhead they feel is inferior to another. Exactly what are you "just saying"? Whether they have used another type in the past is irrelevant to the poll. The question asked is what do you prefer. And if that type is preferred it shows what the majority of hunters trust. Nothing silly about it.
Its simply biased because of the fact that not everyone has ever even owned or used all of the types... Yes, you said "prefer" but that doesnt mean diddley squat considering most people will obviously put what they are using regardless... The poll shows nothing more than what most people are likely to be using, thus not a good measure at determining what really works the best.

thats great that you like the strikers! I wasnt saying anything bad about any head or choice of another archer either tho.

Most polls are skewed in the direction of what people are currently using, which is likely a fad, or is something that will not be the leader of the polls in years ahead. Obviously, the poll you asked about was going to result in fixed blade razor heads winning. Not because its a fad, but its pretty much a given. More people have them, and have used them forever... You can get a pack of bh's at wally world for 10$, but a pack of rear deploying mechanicals.... not gonna be cheap, which means they are less accessible to the community b/c of price etc.

Anyways, if I offended you by critiquing your poll, I apologize.... Polls are fun, and sometimes useful...