HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ruger LCP for CCW?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 07:09 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

The LCP is a fantastic CCW pistol. It is by far our number one selling .380 pocket pistol.

The only holster you will need is a good pocket holster but don't just drop it in your pocket as it will rotate around in your pocket and will not be positioned properly when you need it. If you are right handed keep it in a pocket holster in your front right pocket. You can have you hand on your pistol ready in a split second carrying on a conversation with Joe Schmoe and no one will ever know the difference. As Duckbutter said, if you are going to carry it on the belt then you may as well get a larger 9mm.

Though I have to disagree with statjunk. I would buy a LCP over the P3AT any day.

Until now I didn't realize that 380ACP was so hard to find. I'd have thought that it'd be fairly common. It's not 9mm Luger, but it's not that exotic... is it?
The problem with the .380 ammo right now is two fold.

#1. is the fact that until the current terrorist in chief took office there really wasn't a demand for pocket pistols and .380 ammo. When he took office and the economy began to really tank and crime started rising there was a mad rush for people to get their CCW's and a huge number of them wanted easily concealable pocket pistols. Especially women that had never considered carrying before. Here in Florida , in the span of just one year there were more applications for CCW's than there were existing CCW holders in the entire state previously. What had normally taken just a couple of weeks to process was now taking 6-8 months.

#2. is thieving crooks. People were going around to every gun store and buying every single bit of ammo they could find and taking it to gun shows and raping people that couldn't find it at their local gun store or Walmart. Many are still doing it. We have a good customer that is a district manager of Walmart. He toldus that people would come in and buy entire pallets of hand gun ammo before it ever hit the floor... sight unseen

Don't worry though. It is definitely getting better. Lately we haven't really had much of a problem getting .380 ammo. We have been able to get hollow points for a while now though FMJ is a little hit and miss but not nearly like it use to be. Buffalo bore has never let us down with the availability of their .380 and .380+P