HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ruger LCP for CCW?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 12:46 AM
Palladin8
Fork Horn

I have a Ruger LCP that I bought for the wife. She doesn't like the trigger pull on it and has a hard time racking the slide back so she isn't interested in the pistol. I really like this gun for two reasons. 1. It's small and easy to conceal. 2. It's light enough and small enough that you can put it in a pocket and forget that you have the pistol with you. You will be more likely to carry a pistol of this size all the time vs a pistol of larger size due to the fact that it is small and light weight. I have carried several different pistols over the years and my current carry pistol is the Kimber Ultra CDP II. As soon as I can add the Ruger to my CCW license I will and that will see plenty of carry time.
Another couple of pistols to consider are the Kel-Tec PF9 and the Taurus PT 709 slim. They are a little larger than the Ruger LCP but are chambered in 9mm. They both feel pretty nice in my hands. I think the Taurus is a little heavier but I like the trigger pull on it more than the double action only on the Kel-Tec. With .380acp ammo being hard to come by the 9s are looking pretty good to me. That and they pack a little more punch than the .380.
Food for Thought.