HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA spring gobbler
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Screamin Steel
Typical Buck

What if two guys were set up working the same bird from differnet sides....unaware of each other or assuming each other were live hens. One decides to move and circle around to another side to work the bird and hopefully bring him in because his angle isn't favorable. He inadvertently spooks/ bumps the bird. The other hunter then accuses him of stalking. Who is at fault here, and was the law broken in any way? And is intention provable in court? My opinion on the mattre is that moving is a often necessary part of turkey hutning....and there is a difference between that and stalking a turkey sound, trying to walk up within range and shoot. If I belly crawl fifty yards closer then setup against a tree, and then the turkey appears in range before I can call again, was that stalking as well? I believe the law is to vague with definition and most cases would fail to prosecute unless a game warden observed the violation first hand, such as watching someone crawl across an open field and shoot a bird within sight of the road.